BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Display Order

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem with default display order of elements, I am new to ArchiCad so excuse my lack of knowledge, as far as I understand annotations would be elements with 1st class in terms of priority so they should be in from of anything else, in my case section marks and opening marks are in the back of windows, how to fix that? I am not talking about using the stack order tool to move each item to front, it is annoying, I am talking about setting up default value so anytime I place section mark it's always on top of all 3d elements.

Thank you for help
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I believe that by default this is how it should work. Maybe you have already brought that Wall forward in Display Order so now it overlaps Section Lines.
The order you mention applies to the default Display Order levels elements are placed to by default. But if you use Bring to Front/Send to Back, it will change the Display Order relationship between the element moved and other elements placed later:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88509/

You can try if this is really not working for you the expected way by starting a brand new ARCHICAD Project based on the default Template and seeing if the issue is there?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If you're using AC23, then you can also select 1 element, and open the Element Info palette. You'll see the display order index being displayed. Click on the different elements and check the index of each.
Then can use move forward/backward - as Laszlo mentioned.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Thanks James for that info, I did not know that. That is probably one of the hidden (and hardly known) gems.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Stress Co_
Advisor
LaszloNagy wrote:
Thanks James for that info, I did not know that. That is probably one of the hidden (and hardly known) gems.
+1

I guess this Wish is ... sort-of... fulfilled.
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16424&
If only it went one small step further and was visible in the Tracker dialog.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Learn and get certified!