BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Documentation in Archicad

Mjules
Mentor
I am taking a Master’s degree in Architecture from a University in the U.S. and I start to panic using ArchiCAD when I see the performance of my fellow students with Revit.

Here are the kinds of assignments I have to realize with ArchiCAD:

“All drawings should include major dimensions and labels for the different components. Required drawings include:

Sheet A 5.1

Window Sill Detail (3-D), revise and update (No Scale)
Window Sill Detail (2-D), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Conceptual Window Sill Detail (2-D “Onion”), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Window Jamb Detail (3-D), revise and update (No Scale)
Window Jamb Detail (2-D), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Conceptual Window Jamb Detail (2-D “Onion”), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Window Head Detail (3-D), revise and update (No Scale)
Window Head Detail (2-D), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Conceptual Window Head Detail (2-D “Onion”), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)

Sheet A 5.2

Door Sill Detail (3-D), revise and update (No Scale)
Door Sill Detail (2-D), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Conceptual Door Sill Detail (2-D “Onion”), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Door Jamb Detail (3-D), revise and update (No Scale)
Door Jamb Detail (2-D), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Conceptual Door Jamb Detail (2-D “Onion”), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Door Head Detail (3-D), revise and update (No Scale)
Door Head Detail (2-D), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Conceptual Door Head Detail (2-D “Onion”), revise and update (Scale: 1-1/2” = 1’-0”)
Sheet A 7.0 Outline Specifications
Update specifications with all new components and materials.
Sheet A 9.0 References
Update sheet to include a copy of all references used to develop details. Minimum 1 reference per detail.
Update and include the following sheets:
Sheet A 0.0 Material Precedent
Sheet A 1.0 Floor Plans
Sheet A 1.1 Structural Plans
Sheet A 2.0 Elevations
Sheet A 3.0 Wall Sections
Sheet A 5.0 Details”

Enclosed are both examples from a student’s work in the class using Revit. He submits his assignments on time and he performs very well with Revit. This assignment is about “Curtain Wall”. He has used the Revit Curtain Wall to realize the enclosed work.

Which tools in ArchiCAD could help me achieve this level of performance and presentation compared to Revit?
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have split this discussion into its own topic and gaven it an appropriate name.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Mjules
Mentor
Hi,

It is not easier as you might think. I can make lots of 2D and 3D pieces of stuff in ArchiCAD. What matters in architecture is how to connect the structural elements with greater ease using all of these 3D elements which do not take this real aspect into account during their design process.
lardizabal wrote:
Alammouri wrote:
Mjules wrote:
I am taking a Master’s degree in Architecture from a University in the U.S. and I start to panic using ArchiCAD when I see the performance of my fellow students with Revit.

Which tools in ArchiCAD could help me achieve this level of performance and presentation compared to Revit?
You should make a new post and you will get better answer in this forum.
Agreed. Is off topic. Besides: there is nothing there that can't be achieved with Archicad.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
Learn and get certified!