BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Documenting slab/floor outlines

Josh Verran
Expert
I'm a little bit stumped with regards to the following problem.

On a floor plan (excluding single-story buildings) it's pretty common to show the outline of the floor above as dashed.
In order to achieve this, you need to set the slab to show on one story down (using one of the "show on story" options), since there is no "show on relevant stories option".
This works for the floor plans.
However, there are also the foundation and/or sub-floor framing plans, where you don't want to see other slabs/floors from other stories.

So far the best workaround that has been suggested is to create additional layers for slabs on each story. The downside of this is if you have a 50 story building you need 50 floor layers (perhaps another 50 balcony layers), you then need 50 layer combinations. Not to mention the clone folders now have to be manually adjusted.

This seems like a scenario where there should be a simple workflow, however I'm not having any luck finding a solution.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
1 REPLY 1
Josh Verran
Expert
Example Images

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Learn and get certified!