Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Does ArchiCAD offer depth of field to 2d elevations and sections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does ArchiCAD offer the ability to gradually fade out elements that are distant when looking in elevations or sections? This is something which is great in Revit.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, there is no such built-in feature.
Usually, this effect is approximated by placing a Gradient Fill on top of those parts of the Section/Elevation that are farther from the Section/Elevation Cut Plane.
The Gradient changes from a White Pen to a Transparent Pen, thereby creating this gradual fadeout effect.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
Not a gradual fade out but it does have a 'Marked Distance' option in sections and elevations, that automatically reduces the pen thickness and colour in the marked distance area.
There is only one such distance are though for each section/elevation.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
In AC21, there were a number of editing improvements, so you can break and offset each line - Section/Elevation Line, Marked Distance Line and Depth Line.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just found this great video by the Boston Society of Architects/AIA, with Christopher DeOrsay from Campbell Smith Architects, presenting some gradient fill technics on AC24.