Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Door & Window Labels

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am migrating from Revit and am struggling with a number of small issues. Today's problem - I cannot figure out how to duplicate (or at least come close) to my door tag from Revit. I have looked through all the label options and can't figure out an answer. Can someone help?
KrisM

4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
First answer is that you should be able to do it by editing the Door Marker Settings, not using a Label for the door.

Attached screen shot of US Library D Marker example. There is an option for Oval

Second answer is that in the next version (if all goes according to plan) you will be able to design any type of label you want but that does not helps you now.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Eduardo,
Thanks for your reply. I had looked at that option but did not delve deeply enough. Now if I could get the number format from Builder Dimension 21, all would be good. Looking forward to AC22.
Here is a screen shot that is pretty close to what you are looking for.

This was done by using the Builder Dimension 21 as the normal door marker and adding an associative label (Door Window Label 21). You would have to place this associative label manually for each door, and possibly adjust its location, but you'd only have to do it once, and it's pretty fast. The D/W label can use the door ID, of course, and you'd have to turn off "Fit Frame to Text" to have a consistent size. HTH.

EDIT: Oh, and once you get the first associative label at the right spot, you can "Eyedropper" it to get the offset as a default, and then labels should come in at the same location for each door. You can then do about one label per second or two, so not that bad.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard,
That's an idea I was playing around with yesterday. That seems to be a reasonable workflow. Thanks for that.