BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Door glass showing as white

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am just doing some basic sketch renders and noticing some of my doors with glass are showing completely as white.

Ive not had this issue before, I am using renovation filters maybe this is the cause? Only areas where I have had an existing wall removed + new wall with doors seems to be where this is occurring I think?

If you look at the picture attached you can see the top windows are fine and even a door in a new area is fine but the main sliding doors are just white and not glass? I have checked the surface is correct and it is.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Lingwisyer
Guru
You will need to enable transparency in your render settings.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
You will need to enable transparency in your render settings.

Ling.
I have done that, you can see the windows at the top are transparent. The surface of the glass in the sliding door is the issue. It is glass but it doesnt show as glass, the frames are white too when they are just meant to be wood too.

Please see new attached image to show how it looks in the normal 3D viewport.
(ignore the broken other textures)

Lingwisyer
Guru
Since they are not even showing as transparent in the 3d window, might this be due to a MVO being designated to the door? Not sure if they affect renders... Or possibly a Graphic Override?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
Since they are not even showing as transparent in the 3d window, might this be due to a MVO being designated to the door? Not sure if they affect renders... Or possibly a Graphic Override?

Ling.
Thats what I thought too, There is no Graphic Overrides on currently and I cant see anything that would do this to the sliding doors. Also it seems weird that its only this specific door when other hinged doors work fine.
Barry Kelly
You mentioned Renovation Filters before.
They can override surface materials as well.
Check the override settings of your reno filters.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
You mentioned Renovation Filters before.
They can override surface materials as well.
Check the override settings of your reno filters.

Barry.
Ive had a look and cant find anything that might be doing it. I dont understand why it would only be changing this one surface on one type of door when other doors/windows with the same surface on the same renovation filter work fine.
Barry Kelly
If all of your doors and windows are using the same glass material, then i can only think of 3 things that would cause this.

A Graphic Override combination.
A Renovation Filter.
Or in the object settings, in the 'MODEL' section, the override surfaces option is being used.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jon Pyle
Newcomer
Late to the party here but having experienced the same problem and not fully found the solution on the boards just going to add my findings. It seems to me there may be a bug with the MVO settings in the door tool not actively overriding the model settings as it should.

I have never experienced this prior to AC22 but it has occurred occasionally and seemingly at random over the last few months. A quick fix solution is to set up a new model view option with everything turned up to full for quick checking and presentation purposes and updating relevant items in your regular templates to suit you.

Hope that helps.
Earthworm
Booster
True, It most probably has to do with MVO settings in older AC.

AC22 uses new MVO settings and the older MVO settings do not always transfer well.

Deleting and importing the new AC 22 MVO settings might solve the problem.
ArchiCAD 27 | Intel Xeon W-2225 - 4.10GHz | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | Windows 10
Learn and get certified!