Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door handle in floor plan?

furtonb
Advisor

Hi,

I haven't found a way to turn on handles in floor plan view for doors and windows (I checked the library part settings and model view options) for the default library parts with symbolic view. Is there a way to do this? I don't want to open doors in 3D and draw the opening lines manually, so using the projected option is not a solution now.

Thanks!

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
16 REPLIES 16
amgam
Booster

Unfortunately, AFAIK, still not possible with Archicad. Been waiting for this for a loooong time too. 

ArchiCAD 25 FRA 3011 + TwinMotion 2021.1.4
iMac Retina 27 2020 3,8 GHz Intel Core i7 8 cœurs
64 Go 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 Go

Another reason I wrote my own doors lol

Hi,

I have just made a door brand in AC 23 for the hinged doors of the French library which can display the projection of the handles, the dimensions of the leaves, an fire exit symbol, ... all managed with model view options

It can be downloaded free of charge from the Archi-Cadlink forum after registration and presentation.

I did a little test and I can easily make it compatible with the international library if you are interested

I specify that it is just for hinged doors

Capture d’écran 2021-11-01 à 09.26.02.png

Capture d’écran 2021-11-01 à 09.32.54.png

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13

Could you point us to where we can download it? I found the forum in French but not sure it's there to be found? 

ArchiCAD 25 FRA 3011 + TwinMotion 2021.1.4
iMac Retina 27 2020 3,8 GHz Intel Core i7 8 cœurs
64 Go 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 Go

Hi,

On Archi-CADlink  the download pages are visible and accessible only after registration and presentation
I will soon finish the version for the international library I will post it here soon

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13
artecon
Booster

Hi Yves,

have you finished the version for the international library? This looks great! It will be very helpful if you did it yet!

Hi artecon,

Sorry I forgot 
Here is the version for the international library (AC 23 and higher)

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13

Hi Yves, here i am again. Actually im not sure how to import those doors library into my Archicad file. I've tried couple ways i've seen on internet, and still not working. Could you help me?

Yves work with a door marker.

If you want to modify Archicad doors to show handles, he has a workaround, but you'll need to code a little.