BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Doors and Windows dont publish on elevation & section

Johann_P
Advocate

I have spoken about this before and the response was "its a glitch", but it is becoming a real PITA.

When I have a tab of a section or elevation open, the windows and doors from the particular tab disappears when I publish.

This happens every time.

This really is a problem considering I have to now remember to always close the tab, or risk issuing drawings without windows and doors.

How do I fix it?

Archi215.jpg

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Johann_P
Advocate

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I was in contact with Graphisoft (and find their support really good)

Seems I was missing some updates.

I downloaded Build 7000 for Archicad 24 and it seems the windows & doors are working and displaying correctly.

👍

Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend

@Johann_P Your elevation view has an exclamation mark in the tab, this is an indicator that the displayed and stored view settings are different. I have just opened up a template file and noticed that despite selecting a view from navigator and not making any changes the tab still has the exclamation mark. The only way I have seen to fix it it to select the failing view tab > rt-clk > Redefine with current view settings. Clicking in Navigator will then properly update the view settings. Looks like another view update bug to me... 🙄

@Minh Nguyen ]

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Johann_P
Advocate

@thesleepofreason 
Thanks, but your topic seems related to 25. I'm still using 24.

Also it doesn't seem related between plans at all, it just seems windows & doors disappear.

@DGSketcher & @Minh Nguyen 

Thanks, I tried your suggestion:

Firstly:

I opened a layout with 2 different sections.

I then right-clicked on the sections one at a time and clicked "open source view"

Both sections have disappearing windows/doors.

Then, with the source view in the View Map open on my screen, I open the view in the Project Map, then right-click in the View Map and click "redefine with current window settings".

But the windows / doors are still missing.

Next, I deleted the particular view from the Layout, then went to the View Map and deleted it there too.

So now, as I understand, the particular view with any corrupt info etc no longer exists.

Next, just to be sure, I right-click in the view in the project map and click both Rebuild Model & Rebuild.

Then I right-click again and choose "Save view and place on layout" and the windows gone again.

Below is a screenshot.

There are no exclamation marks showing that the views are different, and even the status says its OK.

The screenshot shows the view set to "manual update" but there is no change when I change it to "Auto update"

Archi216.jpg

Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
DGSketcher
Legend

@Johann_P I don't usually use Save & Place, but that shouldn't be a reason for the problem. Couple of things to check then...

1. So we can eliminate 3rd party problems are you using standard AC24 windows?

2. This does look like an MVO setting problem. Just check the MVO used in the Project Map where the windows are visible is the same as the one saved for the new View in the View Map.

3. Check in the MVO used in the View settings aren't hiding the doors & windows.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution
Johann_P
Advocate

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I was in contact with Graphisoft (and find their support really good)

Seems I was missing some updates.

I downloaded Build 7000 for Archicad 24 and it seems the windows & doors are working and displaying correctly.

👍

Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
Learn and get certified!