Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Drag view on layout

Foti
Enthusiast

Hello

When I drag a view on a new sheet, the name of that view is always some random location and the text is always window sill. I am sure i did change it once but not sure how that got saved. Is there a way to reset all that?

layout 1.JPG
Foti B.

AC25
PC Precison 5760, Xeon 11955, 64GB, Nvidia RTX A3000
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
danielleL
Contributor

I am not sure if there is a way to reset but my workaround is to use the 'pick perimeter' tool (Alt+click) and that would become your default Drawing settings. 

Just be sure that your Drawing Settings are set-up the way you want it. I think your setting should be like the one shown in the screen-cap below. 

danielleL_0-1669706305837.png

Hope this helps! 

---------
ArchiCAD 18-26 | Twinmotion 2022

Mac Mini (M1, 2020) | macOS Monterey | Apple M1
HP Victus | Windows 11 | 16.0 GB RAM | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz

View solution in original post

Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

The quick way to reset the ID & Name values to default is to go into the Drawing Manager, select the Views you want to change and the click on Settings at the bottom of the dialog window.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru

Open the settings for the Drawing Tool and check the Title and relevant settings.

Ling.

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Creating-a-Thread/td-p/361315

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Solution
danielleL
Contributor

I am not sure if there is a way to reset but my workaround is to use the 'pick perimeter' tool (Alt+click) and that would become your default Drawing settings. 

Just be sure that your Drawing Settings are set-up the way you want it. I think your setting should be like the one shown in the screen-cap below. 

danielleL_0-1669706305837.png

Hope this helps! 

---------
ArchiCAD 18-26 | Twinmotion 2022

Mac Mini (M1, 2020) | macOS Monterey | Apple M1
HP Victus | Windows 11 | 16.0 GB RAM | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz

I knew it was something simple, hat setting was changed, thank you 🙂

Foti B.

AC25
PC Precison 5760, Xeon 11955, 64GB, Nvidia RTX A3000
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

The quick way to reset the ID & Name values to default is to go into the Drawing Manager, select the Views you want to change and the click on Settings at the bottom of the dialog window.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)