BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Drawing Issue / Document Transmittal Sheet

Sam Parish
Booster
I have been trying to find a way to create an automated drawing issue sheet in ArchiCAD 20.

I have started to get my head around the issue history schedule but I am struggling to find a way to translate the capabilities of this into a reliable automatic schedule.

I have attached an image of what I am trying to achieve, I have previously used this type of issue register in Excel, filled in manually, but thought ArchiCAD might be able to automate it resulting in less errors.

My original thought was to combine a layout index (to ensure all of the issued layouts are included) with the issue history index (to provide revID, Issue Date, Issuer Initials etc.) on a layout with the grid and logos as elements of the master layout.

I can't figure out how to get the information from the issue history index to display horizontally or retain the previously issued revID so that it builds up as new issues are created.

Any ideas or direction of someone had looked at this previously would be appreciated.

preview-0091-bolton-marketplace-issue-sheet-planning-1.jpg
ArchiCAD 24 NZE FULL
Windows 10 Pro 1909
Intel Core i7-6700; 32GB RAM; AMD RX480
15 REPLIES 15
james1
Participant
Hi Deviz, just received this from Central Inovation.

There is an object called Document Transmittal Form #1990 under my select benefits Archicad 23 Essential library (Updated 02/03/2020) that probably will be a good solution for you.
If you don't have the Essential library installed yet, you can download it from your MyCI account.
https://myci.centralinnovation.com/

Also, we have a webinar where Josh explained how does it work.
(
This video can be found under My Select Benefits > Videos

Looks really good, download and add the Archicad 23 Essential Library to your Archicad Library 23 folder, its worth watching Josh's video as well to get started,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fantastic James!
Look forward to exploring it!!

Thank you so much
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi James,

I've had a change to explore the object and didn't get too far with it.
Asked Central Innovation (CI) for assistance and they got me to 99% of it being perfect. The missing 1% unfortunately is quite critical to make it usable. It would in fact appear that either you chose to have all your drawings in descending order (top to bottom) or your issues in chronological order (left to right) - see attachment.

I'm still discussing this with CI cos I can't believe they have left this out of their thoughts when they developed it, however it would appear that it will be a suggestion for the next release of it (~3 months away).
Do you (or anyone else) have a workaround for this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

so you know I've worked this out.
Trick is to keep issuing one layout religiously at every single issue.
I've created a sheet with the transmittal in it and chosen that as layout to issue every time.
You can then chose not to show that specific layout in the transmittal via library part settings. Yay! Automated transmittal is a thing now! Was about time! Thank you CI for developing it!
Chuso
Contributor
Hi Deviz,

We have just bought a CI licence and checking all tools and objects. I was wondering if you have had a chat with CI regarding the Document Transmittal Form and the possibility of include other data like scale, size of drawing, issuer initials. Looks like they are including just a few data but the object could be much more flexible.

Regards,

Chuso
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chuso,

apologies for my delay, I didn't receive any email notification of this message or I've missed it.
I didn't ask any of that as I normally don't include that information in the transmittal. I only care which drawing (number) and in which file format went to whom and when. Sorry
Learn and get certified!