BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing Title / Drawing Name on a Worksheet

Anonymous
Not applicable
A quick question, is there any way of showing the name of the Source File for a Drawing placed on a Worksheet?
Or is there any way of using Drawing Title outside of Layout?

I have several DWGs placed as Drawings on a single Worksheet and ideally, I would like to automatically "label" them with their source file. Drawing Title is greyed out for Drawings on a Worksheet and I also had no luck with Labels.

Is that possible or do I have to do it manually?
2 REPLIES 2
Hello mbl,

I do it manually too but I'm interested to know how to do it better !
Labels can always not be linked to zones neither external drawings 😕
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it would be great if labels could refer also to Drawings. Or at least if Drawing's Title was accessible outside of Layouts.

At the end I figured out some kind of workaround. I copied my Drawing to a Layout, turned on the Title and then copied it again and pasted it back on a Worksheet.
That way, the Drawing kept its Title, even though it is still greyed out when i open the settings.

So now, when I want to link in a new DWG, I just copy an old Drawing with Title, relink its contents and it updates also the Title automatically.
Learn and get certified!