Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing Titles have mind of their own Layout Sheets

WEDWay
Participant

This is an issue I have been having for a long time I finally decided to make a post about it. 

When I add a drawing to the View Map to the a sheet in the Layout Book, the titles, more often than not, end up all over the place. Sometimes I have to "fit in window" so I can find the titles. I have searched the web and this forum for an answer and I have not found one. 

I'd like my titles to follow and stick with the drawings. Any suggestions. 

BIM Consultant / Host of The American Landscape Travel TV Show
ArchiCAD 25 / ArchiCAD User since AC6.5
27" iMac Pro 3 GHz 10 Core Intel Xeon W & MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch 2.4GHz Eight-Core i9
3 REPLIES 3
ryejuan
Advisor

I found out that if you turn off the drawing titles and turn it back on it would stick to the bottom of the drawing box. 😎

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

it might have kept the same setting from a previously placed Drawing with it's title 47kms from it's drawing.

the way i worked around this was to simply create a Favourite for placing drawings. this locates the title right under the drawing when placed & you avoid having to manually move the title 47kms from some rando spot in the Layout.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
ryejuan
Advisor

another idea is to ditch the drawing title and setup a master layout with autotext place in specific locations where you would usually place your drawing titles. 😁

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards