Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Drawing use in photoshop

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know of a way to save plans or elevations to high resolution format that can be used in photoshop?

Everything I save as results in a very low quality image.
5 REPLIES 5
aahatimo
Newcomer
Brad wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to save plans or elevations to high resolution format that can be used in photoshop?
Everything I save as results in a very low quality image.
are there any advantages to saving a 3d view as a *.psd (photoshop) file? where would one use this ,psd file type?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Karl Ottenstein
My PDF tip got moved to the Tips & Tricks section. (Thanks for considering it 'worthy', Djordje. 😉)

Readers of this thread, see:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2179#2179

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
My PDF tip got moved to the Tips & Tricks section. (Thanks for considering it 'worthy', Djordje. 😉)

Readers of this thread, see:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2179#2179
The PlotMaker will go there, too

Hint: no need to send your favourite tips to techtip@graphisoft.hu any more, the Tips of the month (still on!) are being chosen from the Tips&tricks forum.

So, if there IS a tip that I missed and you consider worthy, please send me a private message on the Forum (NOT the email!)
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Djordje
Ace
MichaelRensing wrote:
3 easy steps.

Step 1: save view/plan/elevation as a .pmk file.

Step 2: open .pmk in PlotMaker and from there save as .eps format.

Step 3: open in Photoshop (these also open in Illustrator as vector files)
Moved to Tips&Tricks.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've used this technique for quite some time with great success. I like to create eps files and then make documents in a page layout program such as Adobe InDesign.

However, since this latest upgrade the fonts are not carrying through to the eps file. I get an error message when saving in PlotMaker saying that the fonts are missing.

I've tried several fonts, they are there in ArchiCAD when I create the drawing, they are available in InDesign but PlotMaker seems to miss them. Any thoughts?