BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Driveway creation in Archicad

Josh Verran
Expert

I've been playing around with Rhino - Grasshopper Live Connection and been able to generate morphs which follow the topography of the site.

A colleague looked over my shoulder and made two comments which resonated quite well.

Said wow that functions really well and we'll use it often.

Then said how come it's that complicated to create a sloped driveway in Archicad.

Kind of a valid point, as cool as it is to play around with grasshopper, why does it take that level of knowledge to have a paved surface (or any other surface for that matter) follow the mesh.

Now there's options like copy the original mesh, raise it up, cut it etc. But any one that's worked with even small scale roadways etc knows how messy (and sluggish) this gets.

Anyway, not really a question, more an observation and be interested to hear other users views on the subject.

Screenshot 2022-08-25 155716.pngScreenshot 2022-08-25 155820.png

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
11 REPLIES 11

I suppose, but the beam tool offers better floorplan display options and you could connect different beams together.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

Maybe this could also bi interesting for You - read the comments for finding the downloadplace: 

German...

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Learn and get certified!