Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Duplicate Entries on Layout Index schedule

tjmillar
Enthusiast

I am creating a company Standard Details Manual. The details are organized into groups and each group has a a drawing index for all the details in that group. I also have a Layout Project Index which creates a table of contents for those detail groups. 

tjmillar_0-1632742558380.png

The problem is that because some of the subgroup drawing indexes are large enough to have to be split over two layouts, I get two entries in my layout table of contents. 

If I manually split the drawing indexes over two pages, I can distinguish between the two layouts and specify which one shows up in the contents, but that's poor practice and will lead to errors as the manual develops. But when I use the automatic "Split among Layouts" function, there seems no way to distinguish between the two layouts that the index is applied to, so no way to list only one of those layouts on my Contents page. 

It's one of those small, annoying issues that seems like it should be simple ... but I can't find a way around it. if anyone has a suggestion for a workaround, I'd be grateful to hear it!

Thanks, TJ. 

AC26 Australia, Windows 10
1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry for the experience!

To better understand the issue, I'm wondering if you could share with us a sample file showing the issue? Please let me know if you will need a secure place to upload the file also!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT