Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Dwg exporting and opening in Archicad

Krista
Newcomer

Hi, 

Archicad shows an error box "Elementtejä ei luotu" (Finish language) or " Couldn't create elements" when I tried to import dwg file that I just created from Archicad. 

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

Silly question, but why are you trying to import DWG file that you have made in Archicad, back into Archicad?

It could be a setting in the translator as you export it or it could be a setting in the translator as you import the file.

If you want to test the DWG files you create, you will probably be better off opening them in Autocad (or what ever other software they are intended for), or in something like DWG True View.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I can actually recommend DWG True View as well. It is free and if things show up fine there, I know the problem on the receiving end is with their inability to use autocad and not my export.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Krista
Newcomer

Thanks for replies, The problem is that another Archicad user can't open my file into his own Archicad project. I can open it in True view, that's not an issue.  We are trying to combine house desing and site layout. 

I'm not sure if you are both on the same Archicad version, but you could try making a worksheet by placing a marker over your floor plan and then saving the lines and fills etc on the newly created worksheet as a module file and sending that instead.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

If you are sharing information with another Archicad user, why do it with DWG?

He can open your Archicad files.

Or you can even save part of you file as a module (.MOD) and he will be able to merge that in to his file.

You can even merge entire PLN files.

Or hotlink one into the other so you still have some separation and the original file being hotlinked can be updated and then the hotlink updated in the second file.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11