Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Dwight's Book Inspires!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone who wants to add a post to this thread is welcomed. It is here to post examples of illustration work that has been inspired by techniques shown in Dwight's great new book. Lightworks in ArchiCAD.

One of the first things that got me going was the obvious use of PhotoShop, it inspired me to explore the layers features in PhotoShop in order to quickly (after I learned the steps) add non-destructuve color to an Kor-i-nor pen illustration generated in ArchiCAD.

Thanks Dwight!

Portion of image attached.
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
If you think Dwight's book is good, you should see him in person some time.

I still have strong memories of more conceptual rendering ideas from his presentation at ACUWest that really made me think of renderings in a different way.
Tom Waltz
Dwight
Newcomer
Thank you.

Re: Performances:
It is a great pleasure to be touring many of the finer cities to deliver the eight hour seminar based in the "LightWorks in ArchiCAD" book. Recent attendees in Las Vegas and San Francisco can tell you that they are bleeding from the ears after a day with me. (Anyone at Friday's Oakland gig is welcomed to comment about how helpful the paramedics were). I am planning to visit Texas and some of the Eastern United States in late January/February - call your reseller and ask them to invite me to your city.

I've learned a lot about the knowledge and feelings of ArchiCAD users doing these seminars. Many have a hard time accepting that the computer rendering is only the beginning of the illustration process - to either make images more quickly or more sophisticated by integrating them with their context.

Re: A Photo Editor:

Building on the idea that a picture is "just a bunch of dots," we get to mess with those dots, in material surface creation and in assembling buildings into context images or whatever.

There's a big payback for any effort invested in learning a photo editor - separating graphic from color information and recombining them in a multi-layered image - as Mark has done.

"LightWorks in ArchiCAD" has a substantial amount of photo editing techniques, many of which are revealed in the seminar.
Dwight Atkinson