Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ELEVATION: cover fills aren't displayed in AC21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since we switched to AC21, the cover fills of the materials don't show up in elevations. When I check the shadow to be turned on the elevation settings the shadows don't show, except when I click on the object, I see a shadow outline highlighted.

I checked Model View, Vectoral hatching, cover fills for the objects, surface paint brush, I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this. Any body else have any issues with this?

thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Having the same issue. Checked Pen Set, MVO, Graphic Overrides, relinked the drawing, placed a drawing, closed and restarted program and computer, nothing.

edit: Mines actually a cover fill I placed over a portion of a wall in the elevation view. View shows fine, but once on the layout they don't show.

iMac OS Sierra 10.12.6
AC 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you're one step ahead of me if your view shows fine... because I can't get the cover fills or surface materials to show on the views of the elevations at all.

I emailed tech support but they just responded to check the model view options and make sure the graphic overide is not checked. I think this might be a glitch... I'm interested to know if ANYONE was able to have cover fills or surface fills show up in elevation...

I wouldn't want to make a 2d fill over my walls and roof... but that's the only 'fix' I can think of.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I guess when you guys say "Cover Fill" you mean the Vectorial Hatching of the Surface of the element? Cover Fill is a term that applies only to a few element types (Slab, Roof, Shell, Morph, Mesh, Zone) and applies only to the Floor Plan Viewpoint. Cover Fill also applies to Fills, so yes, a Fill with the "Cover Fill" type can be placed in Elevations as well.

Is it possible that the Surface of the side of your element is overridden with another Surface that does not have Vectorial Hatching?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just discovered the same issue. Everything was fine at the start. Now my annotations also chance color???