Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

ELEVATIONS: SHADOW POLYGON FILLS (CAN THEY BE TRANSPARENT?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey ArchiCAD community. I've got a problem with how archicad 23 illustrates shadows in elevations. When you enable shadows it places a solid fill over your surfaces. I'd prefer if it was transparent so that the surface can be seen. When you go into elevation settings, you will find under Model Display > shadow polygons. I don't see an option to make this transparent. Does anyone have a solution? I'd rather not have to turn off shadows and then draw a 2D fill as a shadow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend
AND the Shadow Polygon fill to "Background" or "25%"
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend
Just make the background fill pen transparent (="0") ?!
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend
AND the Shadow Polygon fill to "Background" or "25%"
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
I would add a word of caution. You may get a very different result for shadows than what you see on your screen if you Publish a .pdf using ArchiCAD than if you Print a .pdf using the Adobe Acrobat.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
runxel wrote:
Just make the background fill pen transparent (="0") ?!
I tried that plus the other suggestion about using a different fill with a % less than 100 and it worked! Thanks