BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Edge visibility for composites in plan view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having a problem with edges of adjoining composites remaining visible in plan view (outer skins of said composites being identical). It works fine (meaning edges will clean up and disappear) in elevation view, but not in plan view.

E.g. a wall that is 1/2 made of insulated framing with stucco over it and 1/2 made of un-insulated framing with same stucco over it will show as one continuous wall in elevation view. Great!

But in plan view e.g. a floor slab (or roof) made 1/2 with insulated framing with plywood over it and 1/2 with un-insulated framing with same plywood over it will show a line where those two elements meet.

What am I doing wrong? How can this behavior be changed? Or is there a workaround?

(My apologies if this has already been previously discussed.)
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Jiri wrote:
But in plan view e.g. a floor slab (or roof) made 1/2 with insulated framing with plywood over it and 1/2 with un-insulated framing with same plywood over it will show a line where those two elements meet.
Slabs have never joined in plan view - even when they are exactly the same composite.
All you can do is hide the join with a white line or the entire slab with a fill.
Or use one complete but separate slab for the plywood top skin.

This will all change in version 23 though where the joining line can be hidden.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or use one complete but separate slab for the plywood top skin.
That is what I've been doing to get around it, but thought there must be a better way.
This will all change in version 23 though where the joining line can be hidden.
This is great to hear. This will really simplify things.

Thank you!
Learn and get certified!