BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Element ID Manager?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to configure a protocol for the export of element information to an estimating package called winest. In winest you can import a .txt file to link AC data to winest take-off items and assemblies. I am making some good progress in setting this up but have a few questions because the the AC help files are a little weak and the winest help is even worse. Winest allows you to custom configure how it reads the .txt file and AC seems to offer alot of flexabalityin how the .txt file is generated, so I know it will work well. Winest can identify the incoming AC items by using up to 4 codes as well as quantity data. I am exploring which AC parameters to use as these 4 codes to identify different items in the file. I am interested in what the element ID manager may offer as a way of cleanly accomplishing this sorting. Does anyone have any experience with this part of AC? I don't understand what the criteria sorting does. It dosent seem to offer a way to choose between the different fills or different layers ect. All the imput I have recieved from this forum has been very helpfull in making this great software work for me, Thank You.
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Under Calculate.
I/S
Schedule Settings
General Tab

Click on the "Add" button to add criteria. The jpg shows "layer" since you mentioned that... If you want additional parameters you can click on that button and then go through those. Karl covered that last bit rather thoroughly in a recent post.

Hope this helps.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
The .jpg you posted showed the IS window. I was wondering about the "Element ID Manager" in the calculate menu. How is this used to generate ID's based on spicific criteria (specific layers, composites, story, ect.). I am hoping to sort all or most of the elements in a plan by ID's and then generate a text list of the sum of the various quanties(length, hight, volume of walls ect.) Each ID would correspond to an item or assembly in the estimating software. Thanks!
Erika Epstein
Booster
Sorry about that Mark, I didn't read your question carefully enough.

The Element ID manager allows you to sort an element type by the various attributes assigned to it. You can create many sets of criteria for sorting.
It is documented well in the on-line help for 8.1 at

http://download.graphisoft.com/ftp/publishing/ac_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/java/html/wwhelp.
htm

I was trying to do an example for you of sorting countertops made with slabs by layer, fills (which denote different materials) and also thickness. Unfortunately AC crashed when saving the settings.

Best if someone else answered this.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!