Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Element ID changing without user input

Erich
Contributor
Is anyone else experiencing the element ID changing without user input?

I am having an intermittent issue where I will set an ID such as W-1 for a window. All appears correct initially and I will go on to other aspects of the drawing. I little while later, I will look at the window ID and it will have changed. Sometimes the changes seem to relate to a date or day of the week. For instance W-1 might become W-1Tu or W-1M, but it does not seem consistent nor is it every time. Has anyone else experience this type of behavior?

I do use TextExpander, but none of the short cuts set there match the observed changes. Looking at the Mac OS side of thing auto correct does not appear to have any such shortcut or auto corrections either.

Thoughts?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
6 REPLIES 6
Erich
Contributor
I just had a section ID change from V-01 to Very-01. However V-02, V-03, and V-04 stays unaffected.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Erich
Contributor
The deafening silence suggests that this is strictly my issue and has something to do with my machine. Time to track down this little bug-a-boo.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Eduardo Rolon
Not alone. I have seen this and the guess is that it has to do with Apple's keyboard shortcuts but I have not been able to find what is the problem.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Erich
Contributor
Glad to know it's not just me. But it sure is annoying because it is not instantaneous. It takes a few seconds, by which time I am well on to something else. I'll post if I find the cause.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Erich:

I don't know if this is your issue, but this is what I do occasionally: I will select the ID input for an element in the Info Box and alter it, then Drag that element using keyboard input, and the keystrokes will end up appended to the ID. The problem is that I do not click out of the Info Box ID Field before going on to the next operation. Something similar might be the cause of your problem.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erich
Contributor
David, I do believe this may be occurring when I do not specifically click out of the ID box as you describe. However the added elements do not seem to match any of my keyboard commands. Many seem to correspond to dates/days of the week/month/time. Checking every short cut, keyboard command, Text Expander short cut I can find does not seem to reveal the issue as none of them match the changes I am seeing.

The search continues.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K