BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elements above floor plan cut plane still displayed

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently drawing up commercial building that has cee purlins used as girts (I'm using beams for these). Some of these are below the floor plan cut plane and some are above. I'd like to show only the ones below on the floor plan, as it is these seem to ignore any cut plane settings and are all displayed. This then looks like I have girts passing through doorways etc.

Is there a way to do this without manually splitting all of them into two layers and only turning one on? That's what I'm looking at which is a little tedious...
1 REPLY 1
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You need to set up a range for your floorplan cut plane for the saved view: at what height to cut, to show down to which level and to show up to which level. After that select the beams, show them as projected (with or without the reference line / axis) and choose to show projections to floorplan cut plane range.

The range will also affect other elements in your drawing, so you might not be able to get this to work the way you want.

Sometimes the only way is to mask something with a fill or move it to different story / layer.

True cutplanes and clear communication don't allways mix well, unfortunately!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!