Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation Label 25

TracyGA
Contributor

I would like to automate my Top of Foundation elevations and Bottom of Footing Elevations on my foundation plans.  All of my foundation walls are drawn as complex profiles including both.  The elevations given are provided either in reference to Project Zero or the current story.  Is there a way to have them reference other reference levels (such as the custom Reference 100 that I use or even the Sea Level Reference)?

3 REPLIES 3
Dave Seabury
Advocate

Tracy

You should be able to.  Try Options > Project Preferences> Reference Levels.  See attached screen grab.  You will have to set level dimensions and label which reference level to read.

I my image, i have top of main level floor sheathing at 100'-0"

Hope that helps

DavidReference Level.jpg

AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB

TracyGA, 

For Architectural Plans, establishing Project Datum to be Top of Slab, Top of Subfloor....something like that, is pretty common and useful.  Its a lot easier for everyone on the jobsite to confirm than Sea Level.  You just make a note that says Project Datum at Top of Subfloor/Slab (whatever) = 0'-0" = 325.25' Above Sea Level. (or whatever it is).   

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

JaseBee
Advocate

I've been trialling a property option set with reference levels for situations like this (mostly split levels).

So you have a property (string) with an option set with a name and value separated by a consistent delimiter (I've used a vertical line character "|") just means you can give the reference level a name and a height from a datum (we use AHD here for sea level), "Ground | 14.00", "Ground-Split 15.00" ect. whatever, the important part is the number.

Then you make another property that uses the first and the elevation to sea level property to establish its position relative to your reference level. You have to separate out the value and convert it to a number with some string operations.

Advantages of this way over the reference level option above is that you can have more than two.

I've been using if for sill heights above FFL for windows. We draw our walls down to structural floor and frequently have split levels on a single storey.

AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram