BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation Marker

Llian
Advocate
My elevation marker is not showing any elevation...and I am not sure why the source marker is greyed out!
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
8 REPLIES 8
MrC
Advocate
Hi Lillian. Can you put up some screen shots of the problem?
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

macbook pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

AC 21 USA (latest build)
Llian
Advocate
Screenshot...I am having trouble uploading...the screenshot is only 407KB and it just doesn't load here....
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Llian wrote:
Screenshot...I am having trouble uploading...the screenshot is only 407KB and it just doesn't load here....
From FAQ:
Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts.However, there is a size limit for the uploading images (currently 256kb per image). If you are intend to share larger image with the community, please use the link function that can point to a publicly accessible web server where the image is available, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc.

I think there is also a pixel length/height limit.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Maybe try a .PNG file. Usually much smaller than a .JPG.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
David wrote:
Llian wrote:
From FAQ:
Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts.However, there is a size limit for the uploading images (currently 256kb per image).
The FAQ says 256kb, but the "allowed files and extensions" link when you actually add an attachment says 512kb limit. So, a little confusing...
Richard
Llian
Advocate
Thanks...I must have forgotten about the size limits....here's the reduce size. I want to change the color of the horizontal line of the marker but I can't the option in the setting.

When I opened an older file [version 17] file, there is an option for the line but not here in version 20. Please help.
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Try checking "Use Symbol Colors" and then the contour pen should work.
Richard
Llian
Advocate
Thanks...I think I have mistaken...Section marker has option for the horizontal line but not for Elevation....
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Learn and get certified!