Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation / Section Marker - Unexpected behaviour

DGSketcher
Legend

After creating a section source marker on plan I can copy and paste to a different storey and the marker will present as a new source marker with updated ID reference as expected. If I try to paste in an alternative view e.g. 3D Document from plan, section or detail as expected the marker type becomes linked BUT it also creates a new "independent" entry in the section list and links to that rather than the original source marker. This just clogs up the section list that inevitably then requires diligent clearing of unused sections. The same also happens with Elevation markers.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

@Minh Nguyen So having deleted about 40 unnecessary independent sections this morning and had to individually change the links of the pasted references to the original values which requires jumping around views to check IDs, can some one explain why this behaviour has changed for the worse and when will it be fixed? 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for raising the issue and I am very sorry for the experience!

I could reproduce the issue back in AC21, so this must be some kind of a limitation. I'm not sure why the marker after being copied into another 3D document/section/elevation turned into Linked Marker without any reference. Therefore, I opened a support case in our system for further investigation. Once we have an answer I will let you know!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply!

I have consulted with our developer, and we believe that this is a defect in how the marker behaves. We entered it as DEF-8055 into the defect database. Unfortunately, there's no workaround for this issue at the moment. 

Once again, thank you very much for the report and I apologize for the trouble that it is causing.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT