Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation benchmark display in 3D views

Loutro
Contributor

Hello,

In a section view, elevation benchmarks corresponding to Stories are displayed per Section View Settings, but how does one add additional benchmarks such as important plate heights?  

For example, a section for a residential renovation project displays the plate height of the roof story, but how do I indicate the height of a second new roof having a plate height a couple feet higher?  Additionally, there are new plate heights of floor levels in addition to the original ones which will remain in the project.  

Simply put, how do I add dashed elevation benchmarks lines to Sections and Elevations, in addition to those showing Story levels, without adding new Stories to the project?  I know that I can do this manually in each view, but I am hoping that there is a way to do this more efficiently, such as an option in the view settings to display Reference levels that I add to the project as needed.

Thanks!

Archicad 24

3 REPLIES 3
Gerald Hoffman
Booster

Hi Loutro,

You can use Stories for other things besides the actual Stories in your project. Attached are a Front Elevation showing other reference levels and the corresponding Story Settings in the project.

Cheers,

Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor

Hi Gerald,  I'm sorry I overlooked your response.  I find that adding extra stories causes display problems in plan.  After adding a new story between existing stories, the cut plane heights for each get automatically adjusted and don't reflect the actual height above the story that it was originally set to.  Additionally, if a project has more than one building with stories at different elevations, the floor plan view of one does not show the plan correctly of the other.  This is a problem with a small project where I want to show plans of both buildings just as they sit on the site near each other.

To my original question, it seems odd to me that there is not a way to establish several or more reference elevations for a project, the graphics for which could be turned on or off per elevation or section view.

Loutro

Barry Kelly

For adjustable storey markers there are 3rd party objects available (some may be free, others - $$$).

But I am not sure if they allow you to add levels that are not actual storeys.

I am sure someone has created an object to show additional levels - it is just a matter of finding it.

You could just add your own text - but of course it would not be linked to heights of elements if they change.

Or you could use the elevation/height label (I can't remember what it is called - there may well be both).

The label can be customised to show what you want and it will link to the heights of elements.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11