Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation level Display

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have been manually adding floor and ceiling levels to my elevations for quite some time. I know Archicad can do this automatically using the story display option in the elevation section settings, but I find the boundary offset option difficult to use (maybe I need a tutorial on setting this up properly). I was wondering whether it was possible to manually move the level markers left or right in the elevation?

Hopefully I'm making sense. Any help on this would be most appreciated.

P.S. Using archicad 18.

Cheers,

Tommy
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Level Marker's location in the Section or Elevation is defined by the length of the Section Line in the Floor Plan and all Level Markers will be at the same location horizontally. They cannot be dragged individually.

I suppose this may be possible to do but the Story Level Marker object would have to be modified and editable hotspots would have to be added to its script. Then it might working (but I have not tried to tell the truth).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The offset for your Storey Level marker is set as per the attached image. Note in mine I only have a Storey marker on the left side.
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
laszlonagy wrote:
I suppose this may be possible to do but the Story Level Marker object would have to be modified and editable hotspots would have to be added to its script. Then it might working (but I have not tried to tell the truth).
As far as I know this isn't possible as the Story Level Marker is not a "selectable" element so there is no way of actually editing the hotspots.

Because you can't select the marker the hotspots never appear and hence can't be edited.

I had to resort to the settings dialog for our custom marker
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone. Most appreciated.