Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Elevations and sections turned into 2D Lines and fills

Edmon
Contributor

All my elevations, sections and wall sections suddenly changed into 2D lines and Fills. I don't know what I did wrong and why this happened. 

Edwin Monserratte

Archicad 25

MacBook Pro 2018

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

18 REPLIES 18
Jp1138
Expert

You can attach a file that is less than 5mb to the forum just dragging to a message. If it´s bigger, just upload it somewhere (dropbox, mega, drive...) and share the link.

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

There you go. Here is the file. Thanks

ACHICAD FILE

Edwin Monserratte

Archicad 25

MacBook Pro 2018

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

Hi Jp1138. I just noticed that you haven’t downloaded the files that I sent through WETRANSFER.  Is there a problem with Wetransfer? Do you prefer I send it through other service? Please let me know. Thanks  

Edwin Monserratte

Archicad 25

MacBook Pro 2018

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

Hello. Yes, I downloaded the files yesterday, but haven´t been able to take a look yet, as I´ve been out of the office most of the day 😅

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Solution
Jp1138
Expert

Well, sorry for the delay, it´s been a crazy week.

It seems many of your sections and elevations are made as independent views.

Jp1138_0-1646983920850.png

This views don´t generate from the model, they are just a drawing you make and can be referenced to this position in the model.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/137234/#XREF_40192_Create_an

Jp1138_1-1646984273407.png

As these sections are not generated from the model, any changes you make would not propagate to the section.

Maybe the last section you draw was a independent section and selecting the tool is taking the previuos configuration.

If you want to have a live section, be sure to select a section source maker, not a independent view section.

Your independent views cannot be made a live section again, but you can make a new section in the same position and copy and paste your drawn lines on top of the live section, so you can keep the elements you need that are ot on the model. Here I pasted your section WS01 besides a new real live section on the left.

Jp1138_0-1646996875991.png

I don´t know if all I´m saying is obviuos and the probem you are having is somewhere else.

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

Hi Jp1138. Thanks for your help and patience to go over my project. I think so too, some how I change the settings. When I noticed it, it was already late. I started doing them again coping and pasting the notes as you say. Some of them didn't come when pasting them since they are attributes of some of the member (wall, slab, etc.) but they are the least.

Thanks

Edmon

Archicad 25

MacBook Pro 2018

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If you have an Independent Section Viewpoint, then you can place a linked Marker, select it to link to the Independent Section, click OK to accept changes, then go back to the Dialog and change the Marker to a Source Marker. Then you will have a Section Viewpoint that generates 3D and can be updated when the model changes.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

i'm having the same issue, but the steps given are not working for me, could you please assist me, by looking at my Archicad model file. thanks

I don't see anything wrong with your sections or elevations.

Apart from the fact they do not surround your model so they are really not looking at anything.

They are all 'Auto-rebuild' and not 'Independent' which was the issue here.

However I am having trouble with your site mesh.

It has 139 Solid Element Operations which are taking a very long tome to calculate.

BarryKelly_1-1651021175084.png

So it takes a very long time to generate in 3D or the west elevation (that has to distance limit so can see your model).

If all you need is the hole in the mesh, then cancel all of the SEOs and just cut a simple hole the shape of your building.

If you do need the SEO the maybe don't select everything and subtract.

Just select those elements that will cut the mesh.

If you want to carry on with more questions then please make a new topic, as this seems to have nothing to do with elevation settings.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11