BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Elevations and sections turned into 2D Lines and fills

Edmon
Contributor

All my elevations, sections and wall sections suddenly changed into 2D lines and Fills. I don't know what I did wrong and why this happened. 

Edwin Monserratte

Archicad 25

MacBook Pro 2018

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jp1138
Expert

Well, sorry for the delay, it´s been a crazy week.

It seems many of your sections and elevations are made as independent views.

Jp1138_0-1646983920850.png

This views don´t generate from the model, they are just a drawing you make and can be referenced to this position in the model.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/137234/#XREF_40192_Create_an

Jp1138_1-1646984273407.png

As these sections are not generated from the model, any changes you make would not propagate to the section.

Maybe the last section you draw was a independent section and selecting the tool is taking the previuos configuration.

If you want to have a live section, be sure to select a section source maker, not a independent view section.

Your independent views cannot be made a live section again, but you can make a new section in the same position and copy and paste your drawn lines on top of the live section, so you can keep the elements you need that are ot on the model. Here I pasted your section WS01 besides a new real live section on the left.

Jp1138_0-1646996875991.png

I don´t know if all I´m saying is obviuos and the probem you are having is somewhere else.

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

View solution in original post

Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If you have an Independent Section Viewpoint, then you can place a linked Marker, select it to link to the Independent Section, click OK to accept changes, then go back to the Dialog and change the Marker to a Source Marker. Then you will have a Section Viewpoint that generates 3D and can be updated when the model changes.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Jp1138
Expert

I suppose somehow this got changed in your elevation and section view definitions (sorry, my Archicad is in Spanish, I hope you got where this is located)

:

Jp1138_0-1646425506367.png

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

Thanks Jp1138, but unfortunately (for me) the status mode is kind of greenish. I can change it. I'm not even Know haw that happened. BTW. I speak Spanish too.

Edwin Monserratte

Archicad 25

MacBook Pro 2018

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

Jp1138
Expert

I think your problem is here:

Jp1138_0-1646479257638.png

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

Thanks again Jp1138, you're almost there. I change everything as you direct me but now I can't hit ok. I'm desperate. I'm loosing a lot of work. elevations, sections and wall sections. 

Edwin Monserratte

Archicad 25

MacBook Pro 2018

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

The OK button is usually greyed out when the element you are editing is on a locked layer. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Jp1138
Expert

I think, as DGSketcher said, that the layer is blocked: you can see it´s in italics in your screenshot:

Jp1138_0-1646559631737.png

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

Thanks Jp1138 and DGSketcher you have been very helpful. I've done everything you guys have told me to do but the elevations and sections didn't change to their original 3D state. I decided re do them all over again but I don't want to repeat the same mistakes. How should I accomplish this task without the fear that it will happen again? 

Jp1138
Expert

There must be a simple way to fix things that we are missing. Couldn´t you upload a partial file with the problem for us to look at it?

Without knowing what´s causing the problem, it´s difficult to guess how to prevent it. Check the default options your elevation and section tools, because they retain the configuration of the last time they were used, and if the problem is there, it would propagate to the new ones you make. But as you say everything works with your new ones, I suppose that isn´t the problem.

If you have elevations that work and ones that don´t, you could try to tranfer the properties of the former to the later...

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

Hi Jp1138. The problem persists with the new ones too. When I did them the firs time they came out perfectly well. I added them to layouts and everything was good. I just changed the names and suddenly this thing happened.

How can I partially upload a file.

And, thanks again for your help.

Edwin Monserratte

Archicad 25

MacBook Pro 2018

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

Learn and get certified!