BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevator object doesn't show in Interior Elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Elevator doesn't show on interior elevations, but shows on sections and in model views.

Other objects show.
Hiding walls, and Exclude view blocking walls are both off.

Frustrating...
8 REPLIES 8
Erika Epstein
Booster
Did you check the layer for the elevators is on?
Does your section depth extend to the elevators?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair questions.

Elevator is on same layer as walls, which are showing.

But my questions is if its related to the interior elevation tool. Shows fine in sections. And extent of interior elevation does include the elevator.

Will try an individual interior elevation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Individual Interior elevation doesn't show elevator, but individual elevation tool does.

How's that for weird?

Anyone able to recreate this one? Or is it just me and my old mac...
Erika Epstein
Booster
Nathan wrote:

How's that for weird?
By any chance, is this occurring on the 13th floor?

On a more serious note, the interior elevation tool is known to be buggy, many of us just use the section tool.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
On a more serious note, the interior elevation tool is known to be buggy, many of us just use the section tool.
Sad but true. I had a project with over 800 interior elevations. Due to limitations of the tool I had to use regular old building elevations. This meant having to enter all the IDs manually rather than picking up the zone IDs automatically
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also interesting to note, elevator object shows sporadically in 3d. Elevator home story is -2.

No elevator in 3d:
Show on relevant stories,
Filter 3d elements from story 1 to story 3;

Elevator in 3d:
Filter 3d elements from story -2 to story 3;

Elevator in 3d:
Filter 3d elements from infinite;

File has been sent to GS, wonder what they will say...(I know! IE tool is really buggy. But that doesn't help. They provide it, it should work.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
We've got 3D cabinets in a project and for some reason they are also not showing on interior elevations. Reno filter, layers, height, etc etc are all correct.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
We've got 3D cabinets in a project and for some reason they are also not showing on interior elevations. Reno filter, layers, height, etc etc are all correct.
If everything else is right it may be a problem with the IE tool. Try using the regular ELEV tool. This will serve as both a test and workaround if necessary. It the cabs don't show there either something else is going on.
Learn and get certified!