BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Ellipse basin does not show up in PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this a bug?

We've used several casework objects from ArchiCAD 14 Library and we just noticed that the ellipse basin does not appear on our published PDFs. The round basin of the SAME object shows up. The double sink from the cabinet object shows up too. Seems like this could be isolated to the ellipse basin only.

I've attached an image in which was copied from a published PDF in Adboe.

Clipboard-1.png
26 REPLIES 26
Erika Epstein
Booster
No problem here. What is your scale sensitivity?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
ksymons19 wrote:
Is this a bug?

We've used several casework objects from ArchiCAD 14 Library and we just noticed that the ellipse basin does not appear on our published PDFs. The round basin of the SAME object shows up. The double sink from the cabinet object shows up too. Seems like this could be isolated to the ellipse basin only.

I've attached an image in which was copied from a published PDF in Adboe.
I could not produce the problem either. I tried to print and publish with different .pdf settings. Ellipse seems to work fine with any scale sensitivity setting. I also tried printing from the floor plan and from the layout.
??
Do you have the MEP Modeler installed ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Definitely sounds like a bug.

I noticed that the objects were placed on the plan with the flip and rotation box checked (see attached) and after un-checking it, it printed to PDF correctly. Erica and Steve, could either one of you verify that? And thanks for responding.

UPDATE: Now this is where it's annoying to us - the object is part of a module used as unit plans and when the unit module is mirrored, the ellipse disappears in PDF. It always had appeared on plans and even the layout book; it just disappears when opening the PDF file.
no. it did not make a difference for me.

I did notice something interesting about this part.

It seem to have two places to change the same setting.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I am just puzzled how it's so far isolated to our office. Maybe there is a setting in our template that is interfering with the ellipse basin so I will have to further look into it. I will start by answering questions asked here.

Erika - for scale sensitivity the 2D Detail Level under 2D Representation is set at Scale Sensitive. I changed the option to each of the other scales (1:50, 1:100, and 1:200) and the results where the same - mirrored elliptical basin did not appear in PDF. Again, it appears on plan and layout book just fine but not in PDF.

Steve - I do not have MEP Modeler added on to my ArchiCAD software. As for your discovery of two edge visibility in 2D parameters, I swear I saw that occur once but cannot produce that now. Each object right now has that parameter once but I know I saw the duplicate once before.

I've also emailed Graphisoft US about this and I'm hoping they are able to reproduce the issue.

Could there be any other settings that I am forgetting of which could affect this specifically?
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I remember that happening to us a few versions ago with the same part. Standard was fine-mirrored would not print. I always thought it was just a "buggy" part. I'm not using V14, but strange if it crept back in.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
ksymons19 wrote:
...Could there be any other settings that I am forgetting of which could affect this specifically?
Are you using the Amyuni to make your .pdf's?

Stephen wrote:
I remember that happening to us a few versions ago with the same part. Standard was fine-mirrored would not print. I always thought it was just a "buggy" part. I'm not using V14, but strange if it crept back in.
If you flip the object it will automatically add the duplicate edge setting.
I think this is so you can flip it and still control the edges for right or left even though the object is flipped.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Are you using the Amyuni to make your .pdf's?
Wow...now this may narrow down this so-called bug to the publisher. If I did not make this clear earlier - I apologize - I was using the publisher to publish PDFs. I assume the publisher is using the default PDF converter linked to the software.

Anyway, If I print my layout sheet from the File menu, BOTH Adobe PDF and Amyuni PDF converter achieves in printing the mirrored elliptical basin.

That's why I guess my issue has something to do with the publisher. I am using the default "Layouts to PDF" publisher set.
Learn and get certified!