BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Empty fill problem in pdf,

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use coloured empty fill (coloured backgroud pen) with wall tool /for easier work/
In Layout Book I check the "Black and white" /I need no colour inside wall/

Earlier, in AC 9 it would print (pdf) white object with black contour, but now in AC 10 it makes grey
Seems like solid fill

How to solve it?

P.S. from HELP
Black and White: Check this box for black and white output. With this option, colored elements will be output as follows:
Lines: All colored lines will be black; white lines remain white.
Fill: Colored pens of the fill pattern will be all black; white pens remain white; solid fills will be gray.
Zones: All will be displayed in grayscale cover fills.
Ghost Story: Will always be displayed in grayscale.

Sorry for my English
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
PukisArch wrote:
but now in AC 10 it makes grey
Seems like solid fill
You can solve it with pen sets. Copy your model pen set to make a layouts set. Set all the pens to the output colors you want. (Mostly black, white and grey, usually.) Assign this set to the drawings. (It's easy to change them all in Drawing Manager.)

Choose a pen that you will always use for your wall fill background (and other elements in section). Make this pen white in the layouts pen set, and whatever color you prefer in the model pen set.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot
It's not so difficult as I thought (using pen sets).
But is there (anywhere) "default" settings for new layouts, or every time I need to set pen sets, to uncheck box for title, to set Black and white option and so on. I cant find it after AC 9,
When a drawing is placed, it will take the current default attributes of the drawing tool. This includes the title, the pen set, the frame, etc. Set up the drawing tool defaults before placing drawings. You can also set Favorites for the drawing tool; title, no title, different pens, etc.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
James said:
When a drawing is placed, it will take the current default attributes of the drawing tool.
Just to add to James' comments, we have recently found that drawings will not remember the Update Type:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=64554

It seems to always stay with Auto. Maybe this is a feature?

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!