Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Enabling room names in 3d document

ratnabhirud
Contributor
Hello,

1 ) In attached image I want to show Room Names & its Area ( or Zones tag )

2 ) This is 3d Document image, and tiling texture is not seen even if I have
applied it properly in model.

Is it possible ?

Regards,

Ratna

3d document.JPG
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB
System - Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
4 REPLIES 4
ratnabhirud
Contributor
Hello,

Attaching another screen shot in which 3d window view & 3d document view together is shown.

Regards,

Ratna
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB
System - Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ratnabhirud wrote:
2 ) This is 3d Document image, and tiling texture is not seen even if I have applied it properly in model.

Is it possible ?
For the 3D Document, assign a vectorial hatching to the tile Material, then enable Model Display > Uncut Elements > Vectorial 3D Hatching for the 3D Document.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Srinivas
Booster
ratnabhirud wrote:
Hello,

1 ) In attached image I want to show Room Names & its Area ( or Zones tag )
I am not aware of any automatic way of displaying the room names and areas from Zones in 3d, what I can suggest as a work around is to use the 3d Text object from the object library to display room names and areas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a workaround, use the Grid Element Tool's ability to project normal 2D text into 3D projection.

Open the Grid Element Tool, turn off all unwanted lines. You can't get rid of the marker symbol so change its size to 0.1 and change the color to something similar to your floor color in 3D (that sort of hides it), then type in the room name text. Of course you can cause the text to "float" by changing the elevation to project zero. Floating the text allows you to label furniture, equipment, etc.

In the 3d View tab - turn the Grid line to "show as line" and turn off the "text follows view".

If you like this technique, don't forget to save these settings as a favorite.