Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Epic Games buys Twinmotion!!!

strangeday
Booster
Epic Games, the developer of unreal engine, has acquired Twinmotion from Abvent….the very interest thing is that the actual version…..2019v2, with some little modification, will be free to download until Nov 2019, and free of use forever !!

here the new official homepage
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/twinmotion
AC 6.5-26 | Latest build | Win 10 Pro 64 | AMD TreadRipper 1950x 3.4 Ghz | 64 Gb RAM | AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's another source for Twinmotion videos -
Do a search on you tube for "askNK Twinmotion".
Some good information there.
fhedberg
Contributor
Anyone having an annoying pop up saying Twinmotion Plugin is outdated and theres a newer version available evertime they open Archicad....?

We have re-downloaded the plugin and installed a number of times but pop up remains.
Happens for us on both AC21 and AC22.
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
Stress Co_
Advisor
I can't run the installer, "because Apple cannot check it for malicious software":

In other news....
An enhanced version of Twinmotion will be free with AC23

Here's a link to the announcement:
Starts @ about 59:00:
https://www.graphisoft.com/archicad-23-live-stream/?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTlRObU16TTRPRFUxTjJFMSIsInQiOiJaNU0wa2doOE5sUlRvZkZCS0JpTXVzUVA5R2xPSlpwU3dabVZXdG9xS3k3c1dHcjFucFFhUlhueHMrNmliQkdERkZoSGFha2pwQnVBUjlHREc5SjlqdlBVMEx6U1NJaGVtdnU4ZEtPSjdcL09nbmVcL0JyWVFFcmp2REpQZ2NIR2F0In0%3D
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
fhedberg wrote:
Anyone having an annoying pop up saying Twinmotion Plugin is outdated and theres a newer version available evertime they open Archicad....?

We have re-downloaded the plugin and installed a number of times but pop up remains.
Yep. AC20 too.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
Stress wrote:
In other news....
Does this mean Cinema has been given notice and will be replaced by Twinmotion in AC24 or is this just a ploy to get users to pay for it in the future like other 3rd party add ons?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
fhedberg
Contributor
Erwin wrote:
fhedberg wrote:

Yep. AC20 too.
Got it sorted....its wasnt the direct link that needed the update.
Open up the 'Epic Games Launcher' and run what ever update is listed....worked for us.
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
Lingwisyer
Guru
DGSketcher wrote:
Stress wrote:
In other news....
Does this mean Cinema has been given notice and will be replaced by Twinmotion in AC24 or is this just a ploy to get users to pay for it in the future like other 3rd party add ons?

It does not ray-trace though, so until it does, I would doubt it. My guess would be the second point.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ling,
The update to the unreal engine will incorporate real time ray tracing

Regards,
Scott
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I'm still getting the 'A newer version is available' notification. I've downloaded the installer again, ran all updates in the Epic Launcher even installed Unreal Engine and made sure that is up to date.

When I click 'about' in ArchiCAD it says 'v1.5.1, SDK AC=22.265, MT=5410, SD=46'. Any idea if this is the latest version or why it keeps pestering me to update when I can't find any updates? Running it on WIN10.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Karl Ottenstein
The 'newer version is available' message for me was just for the plug-in, not Twinmotion itself... downloaded the AC plug-in again from their site and it went away. (The whole thing with their game launcher was a hassle on the initial install, as the download link was to an out-of-date version of the launcher, which then downloaded an out of date version of Twinmotion... so lots of updates later, everything worked.)

...but thanks for the tip about launching the Epic Games launcher... as it is now downloading a Twinmotion update which I wasn't prompted for in-product. It's super annoying on my really low-speed internet connection that it is re-downloading all 8.32 GB vs an incremental updater.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB