BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Epix file directly from 3D windows ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy all,

Before I could generate an Epix file directly from the simple window 3d with shades and vectorial hatchings. That was appropriate for my job and that was a good way for drawing quickly many nice sketchs in Piranesi.
So my question is this one:
Now with version 9 AC Piranesi pluggin How can I find the possibilities to create an Epix image without using the photorealist render ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
3 REPLIES 3
David Pacifico
Booster
1. Make your 3D window and Photorendering window the exact same size in Pixels.
2. Set your photo rendering window to generate an image quickly. (your not going to used it) (you might just do flat shading with the internal engine)
3. Create an Epix file. (save as from the 3D window, it will render the photorendering and write the Epix data into the image)
4. Do another save as from the 3D window as an image file say .tif. (The Epix file is a Tif with extra data for Piranesi)
5. Open up Piranesi and your Epix file from step 3. and then just use the image file from step 4 to paint over the entire image.

This way you still have the Piranesi Depth and Material info but with a new starting point in terms of the RGB.

You can find additional Piranesi info HERE

Including the paper I presented at ArchiCAD University on Piranesi.
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much David for your fast answer. Your solution is good and functions very well.
So I conclude that now I must calculate two images whereas before only one was enough!
Large hello from Paris
David Pacifico
Booster
Sort -of. You had to do 2 calculations any way. Yes you need to do 2 Save As. You can turn down the settings on the photorendering so it completes it quickly.
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Learn and get certified!