Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Exciting new iPhone/iPad pano viewer from Abvent: iVisit 3D

Karl Ottenstein
Abvent posted a teaser page about a new IOS product a few days ago:

http://www.ivisit3d.com

Check out the video there - and be sure to watch until the end.

iVisit lets you view linked panoramas (rendered VR images) - that you can navigate between either via a plan view as shown, or by touching icons in the pano that take you into the next view.

But, the coolest, jaw-dropping aspect is when you enable gyroscope mode. Your iPhone or iPad becomes a window into your virtual scene. Look up, down and rotate in place, and you "see" your scene as if you are standing in the middle of it. For a renovation, you can align the view before enabling the dynamic mode so that as you look around the existing room, you can see your proposed space on your IOS device.

You have to try it to see how incredible this is ... and a sign of so many more things to come in our industry, no doubt!

The big difference between iVisit 3D and BIMx is that with BIMx, you give your client an entire model (or a cut of if) and they are free to explore every piece of it. With iVisit 3D, you choose which scenes you want to render as panoramas, and the client only sees those - and further, you render the panorama with all of the lighting effects and entourage possible with Artlantis.

Each has its place, and it is cool to have these new apps available to us.

Congratulations, Abvent!

Cheers,
Karl

PS I have been a beta tester for iVisit and while testers have not been released from our NDA yet, I'm not saying anything above that you cannot see in the video.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree Karl. Although I'm not on the beta, it's great technology. It reminds me of Apple's QTVR Studio that I owned so long ago. This makes a lot of sense for presenting designs to clients and allowing them to interact with their projects in a touchy-feely way, which is a great thing. The app on the iPhone & iPad is wonderful.

Evan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just downloaded the demo to iPad and looks like it could be a fantastic presentation tool.
Similar to previous linked quicktime panoramas that could be output from AC, there is the advantage that you can develop model to presentation standard in selective areas only and extend them as projects develops.

I see that it's by Advent; does that mean it's likely that files output by artlantis will be readable by iVisit? haven't seen any information yet on how to create scenes.
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, the 'controlled' experience via carefully selected rendered scenes is a real plus.

iPad: I did notice that an iPad 2 seems to be needed for the dynamic, gyroscopic virtual reality aspect of iVisit. On my version 1 iPad, when I rotate in place or look up and down, the image jerks just a bit. On my iPhone 4, with a faster processor, it is smooth as silk. (Manual navigation via gestures is fine on all devices.)

The beta testers are still under NDA so while I know the answer to your question of getting models into iVisit, I cannot answer yet. Soon...

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
iVisit 3D and Artlantis 4 were officially announced today...

...so the answer to producing panoramas for iVisit is that it can only be done with Artlantis 4 Studio:

http://www.artlantis.com/index.php?page=products/studio/ivisit3d

A demo version is available for download.

Cheers,
Karl