BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Excluding doors and windows from a CADimage schedule

Paul King
Advisor
Hi, just wondering what the best method was to exclude doors and windows from a CAD Image doors and windows schedule, based solely on plan location?

I have a project involving many repeated modules, and where the base components used to define each module are placed off to one side in the master file, such that they can all be readily edited in one place, selected, and selections resaved out to update module files (which happens many times a week)

This works well apart from the fact that needed doors and windows for defining the modules are in the module source component area. so are being included in D+W schedule counts along with the versions from each placed module. I can't give them different IDs or other attributes as a way to filter them out, because then these changes would then propagate to the modules every time they are resaved.

Looks like I could put the module source components on a special story, and filter them out that way in CI schedule manager - but this would be a major pain given the intense frequency of backwards and forwards panning between placed modules and the module working area throughout each day - and the placed multi story modules in particular are very easily messed up when source origin differs or changes in any way from host file
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
10 REPLIES 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We are never too old to learn something new
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!