Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Explode Text into Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello:

Is this possible to explode text into fill shapes. My titleblock has a font that my consultants do not generally have, and when I publish dwg files, I want to maintain the titleblock without the font change. Short of asking them to load up or buy the front from the internet, is there a way of doing this? Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Sure.
You should have a '3D text' object.
Simply view it in elevation and either copy and paste it or select and explode it.
You will be left with a bunch of lines which you can magic wand a fill onto.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
other way is to convert drawing to .plt file and opening that, text will be lines and fills then.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry, Erwin, thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to convert a text font into fills also (for company logo) and to export to adobe illustrator
but im having trouble creating a .plt file as suggested above not sure how this is done in AC19?
mikas
Expert
File - Plot
Destination: file

If you have access to Adobe illustrator, I believe you can explode an ArchiCAD published pdf file easily in Illustrator? It might be a command something like "Trace", "Convert to paths "or so.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank for that, might be a bit easier to explode in illustrator
Eduardo Rolon
I would rather export as a PDF and in AI select the text and use "Convert to Curves" it should give you "better" curves and resolution than the ages old PLT.
If you don't have AI, Affinity Designer is a good cheap alternative (usually they have 30% discount options). https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/#buy
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator