Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Exploded axo view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to create exploded view of 3d models like you would in Revit and Autocad Architecture.

Or, do you have any suggestion or related articles that I could use to create an exploded axo view for my project. I have been searching on youtube and online and tried grafhisoft help section as well but I was unable to find any instructions.

I desperately need to know how to do it since I do not have time to learn how to use Revit since I invested so much of my time on Archicad!.

On the other hand, I thought I could just use Revit to create exploded view and I downloaded Revit then installed IFC add in to the software to make my file compatible, but no matter what I did I was unable to open my project in Revit. I followed the instructions to "each letter"on line to save it accordingly but I ended up wasting almost a day to try to solve this problem.

I would truly appreciate if you could help me on this matter.

Look forward to your replies.

Many thanks
9 REPLIES 9
alemanda
Advocate
I think there's no automatic way.
You just have to move the parts of your 3D view to build your exploded view.
If you don't have hundreds of pieces it should be not difficult and not too long to do.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Eduardo Rolon
The other non-automatic option is to save 3D Documents of the different elements and arrange them in a Layout.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Does this mean isolating the elements in model view that you would like to see move their position on the axonometric drawing and saving them as 3D views. And then compositing these 3D views in a layout that you achieve the "explosion" effect (moving elements up, down or sideways from their actual position)?

Yep.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Rastisan
Booster

Nice! Have an axonometric to do and look forward to testing this method.

One more question: Are the view that you save "live" in the sense that any changes in wall thickness or beam profile dimensions update themselves automatically in the axonometric?

Rastisan
Booster

I have created a 3D document from an axonometric drawing as the basis for isolating different elements and saving them as views for compositing. What is the best way to isolate elements in this 3D document. Only with turning off layers or is it possible to isolate selected elements like the F4 button does for perspective? Is there a similar way to do this for the 3D document?

Eduardo Rolon

Isolating (F4) in 3D Window before creating the 3D Doc is enough, no need to turn off layers.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Rastisan
Booster

Thanks, it worked!

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Last time I did this I grouped up the elements into the subgroups I wanted and then saved each group as a module and designated a corner of my project to arranging things. I put the modules on a Master Layer with separate layer intersection group number so it won't interfere with anything and is easy to hide.

I found it easier to annotate in a complete 3D document, than cobbling together something on layout only.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5