Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Export / Save all camera views

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a straightforward way to automatically export all camera views to (jpg) files?
10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon
1. Create Saved views of all the Cameras (Not the Path) change the Render Settings from 3D Window to Photorender etc,
2. Create a new Publisher and add the cameras to it.
3. Hit Publish
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
it's as easy as that. thank you ejrolon.
mikas
Expert
Another and very quick way is to just create a fly through from your camera path, but render and save the key frames only.

First adjust Render options as you want them, then,
Document - Creative Imaging - Create Fly-through:
x Photorendering window
x Keyframes only
Result: jpg picture
Save...
FLy_through_key_frames.png
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi mikas,

also great and easy way to export images. Thank you both.

I am exporting the 3D-View no photorendering. Anyone has an idea how to increase resolution?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Options > Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > Advanced Redraw Options > 2D Drawing Antialiasing

Now 'undock' your 3D Window so that you can increase the size beyond that of your screen (most likely).

In 3D Window Settings setup a pixel size for what you want.

I'd go for 300 DPI for printing. Something like 2304x1596 pixels gives you a 195x135 mm image that still prints fine if you decide to scale-to-fit it on A4 landscape.

However, depending on your computer, it would be easy enough to do a quick render in Cinerender that will looks just as 'good' as a screenshot and takes about the same time of doing all these settings every time you want to save a good looking screenshot.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erwin Edel,

this works perfectly for the width but when I change the height off screen the window always jumps back the to screen resolution... using macOS..
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Maybe a limitation on MAC, I'm currently on a windows workstation, so can't test on MAC.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, looks like a macOS limitation. no window stays off screen in height.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I'm not sure if Cinerender is an option for you, but I just did a quick render with fairly low settings, to match OpenGL in terms of what that would show.

A 300 dpi 195x135 mm image rendered in 1:30 min.

This is with a procedural skybox and the project I tested has quite a few textures.

I dropped one 'infinite' general light inside to light things a bit.

If you start out with Outdoor Daylight Fast (Physical), tweak detailed settings as follows:
- pick a nicer sky (remember to tick Use ARCHICAD Sun Position)
- Light Adjustments: sunlight 100, lamps 50 (or higher if you want more light inside)
- Environment > Physical Sky > Clouds > turn off cast shadows
- Options > General Options > only use Transparancy and Textures, Ray Treshold 0, Ray Depth 12, Reflection Depth 12. The 12 is for 6 layers of glass / transparant items, adjust as needed. 12 is a safe number for me, the impact on render times is there, but 1:30 min, what is the point?

Cinerender will happily render out these frames while you keep working, the render times may increase a bit when doing more than one render, but still it should not take that long and your images will be excactly the size you want them to be.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5