Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Export with Alpha Channel

GDL Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am trying to export from the floor plan with an Alpha Channel. Every option I have tried of the export results in an image without an Alpha Channel when re-opened. I have tried all image types, Tiff, Jpg, Png, exported with Alpha channel or high quality with Alpha Channel. I have tried exporting the image with a transparent fill in place, and also with a fill set to background. Still no Alpha channel present. Is this a known Archicad bug or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Rajesh Patil
Expert

If you can elaborate the use of the alpha channel, say looking for transparency or bump, I may be able to help you. Also any end product image you can provide?

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for responding. Attached is a screenshot of what is on the floor plan before export. Attached is a screenshot of typical export settings with Alpha Transparency. Lastly attached is the exported image (zipped as this site wont allow uploads of a TIFF file). I cannot seem to find any other options for export and would welcome help. 

Ideally I would like to export anything I create on the floor plan e.g. a site plan or a small detail drawing, and with that export it with a transparency. It is great for post processing work in image editors. Thank you again for responding and all the best!