Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Exporting plan to jpeg

dhnguyen
Contributor

I've had this problem for the longest time and I can't seem to figure it out. Everytime I export a floor plan to jpeg format, the file looks so blurry and I can't read anything.

The way I export the files are as follow: Organizer: Select the files>  choose pjeg or tiff for under Format and this is the quality that I'm getting. What are the other ways I could try so the image looks much better?

Capture.JPG

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
6 REPLIES 6
Rajesh Patil
Expert

What exactly you trying to do with this vector base data exported as jpeg? As its not rendered image controlling on its resolution is not in control. 

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
Djordje
Ace

Why are you exporting to JPG?

What do you want to achieve?

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Djordje
Ace

I would say you need to learn how to define the views and place them on the layouts... think View=Model Space, Layout=PaperSpace, but MUCH better. Lots of good videos on the Archicad YouTube channel on the topic. Start watching.

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Generally I would export them as PDFs and the drawing would look perfect, but my company uses a software that doesn't accept PDF so I need to convert them all to images.

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)

The only way I know to control the quality of a JPG file is when you render it.

But you can only render from a 3D window - so no help here.

All I can think of is to save as a PDF.

Then find a PDF to JPG converter out there in the interweb.

I have never tried any so have no recommendations of if they even work or if you can control the quality still, but there seems to be plenty out there.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Place the PDF as a Smart Object in Photoshop / Affinity and set the sheet DPI to what ever is still suitable for when you zoom in then save it as a JPG. 

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660