Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Expressions (Property Value type) dont show up as Filter Criteria in Graphical Override??

hi all,

Expressions (Property Value type) do not show up as Filter Criteria in Graphical Override?? Is that a bug, a feature or did I forget to check a hidden check-box?

Here the screenshots

Thanks for any hint,
Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
11 REPLIES 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Florian,

Thank you for the question!

I would like to make sure that the expression is made available for all or specific Archicad's Classification. By default, this option is set to "None" at the "Availability For Classifications" section, as you can see in the screenshot. This needs to be set to "All" or "Custom" with certain classification types, in order to make it available in Filter criteria.

I hope this will help you with the issue. Feel free to ask me again if you have any further questions!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Dear Minh,

The issue is only in the Graphical Override Filter Criteria Selection.

I double-checked:
Thanks!
BR, Florian
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Florian,

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce this issue. There seems to be more unknown values than what we can see in the screenshots. Would you mind sharing a sample file including the expressions for a closer look? Let me know if you need a secure place to upload the file also!

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Dear Minh,

ok - can you link me a secure place to upload the file please.
.pla or pln ?

Thanks!

BR, Florian
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Florian,

I have sent you the link via Private Message. I would say PLA should be better for us.

Let me know once the upload process finishes!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

poco2013
Mentor
FYI:

I see that your expression is returning a 'length' type. I believe only expression that return 'true/false are used in graphic overrides. If you modify your formula to return true/false, you should see it
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gerry,

My test suggests otherwise. "Length" expressions can still be added to the GO rules...

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't remember where that thread is, but I think there was a discussion about certain Properties not being available as Criteria. And there was some technical reason for it.
Mihn, can you ask the developers about this? I just don't remember the reason why they were not available, but I seem to recall there was a reason.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

After receiving the file from Florian (thank you very much for your help!) and doing some research, I found out that: this is a design decision to filter some model-based Properties, to avoid ARCHICAD's slowing down in these complex 3D based background calculations.

Just some examples: Properties that cannot be processed in the background, or whose calculation is based on the 3D model or intersections are not available.

The affected Expression here uses Bottom Elevation to Home Story parameter, which is calculated from the 3D model, that's why it is filtered out from the available Properties list for Graphic Override rules.

I hope this has explained the situation here. If you have any further questions, or if there is anything unclear, feel free to let me know!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT