BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

External Drawings aren't showing :(

yeahright0
Participant
Hey, I'm hoping someone can help!

I am having trouble placing an external PDF drawing and once I have selected the page it just places an empty square box.

It did this yesterday too and I'm not sure what I did but it ended up working later on but isn't again now.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
What version of Archicad on OS? (Handy information to put in a signature in your forum profile - button at top of forum page)

How are you placing it? On a layout or floor plan view? If you select the empty box and go to the Drawing Settings does it show as Fit Frame to Drawing (continuous border line) or Manually resized frame (dotted border)? If manually resized hit the Fit Frame to Drawing button.
yeahright0
Participant
ArchiCAD 14 Windows7.

I have tried putting it on floor plan, layouts, details, worksheets etc.
I tried that but it has literally placed a square of nothing and is already 'Fit Frame to Drawing)
s2art wrote:
What version of Archicad on OS? (Handy information to put in a signature in your forum profile - button at top of forum page)

How are you placing it? On a layout or floor plan view? If you select the empty box and go to the Drawing Settings does it show as Fit Frame to Drawing (continuous border line) or Manually resized frame (dotted border)? If manually resized hit the Fit Frame to Drawing button.
yeahright0
Participant
Just tried again and it seems to be still working when the PDF is an individual sheet, but if I am selecting from a certain number of pages it isn't working, yet it did it like this previously.
DaveOlufs
Participant
I find when I do file and folder management, I eliminate or break the link from my external drawings....but using the drawing manager, I have to reconnect or relink. When I have numerous external drawings, the relinking process can take a while BUT it seems as though there's no rhyme or reason for losing the links.

While it's nice to have external drawings, sometimes it seems like a curse having to browse and relink. If I remember, I will break the link and embed the external in my file.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Learn and get certified!