Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

External Window Transparency using C4D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to Archicad and am using the demo version of 18 to see if what we are trying to do from a design perspective before going to full plans makes since.

The program is great but I am not able to get the windows on an external view to be fully transparent inside the space. I am however able to get this to work in reverse so internal redesigns do show the outside detail as the attached shows.

Any advice would be appreciated...
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
If you say they are "not fully transparent" then I assume this means they are a little transparent meaning that transparency is working.
If that is the case then I would guess that you may just need more lighting inside the model.
If it is dark inside then you won't be able to see much.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem. in 3d it shows transparency but when i render it goes practically all white. Note that there is actually a bed with 2 lamps inside. You can only see 2 black dots for the lamps
Barry Kelly
Hey Larry,
Haven't seen you for years and now it's twice in a few days!

It's pretty hard to tell what is going on from your image.
Make sure you have transparency turned on in your render settings (it looks like your windows are transparent).
Maybe the lights you have used aren't very good.

I just had a quick trial with a 'general light 18' from the 18 library in one room and a couple of lamp objects from an old library.
They seem to light the room a bit but not by very much (it is darker without them).

I am no render expert but I think I would use the lights from the 18 library and then just have other light objects just for show.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry,
it is a minor bug in 18. I looked on graphisoft for troubleshooting and it showed me a couple of numbers to change in the rendering engine options. all is good
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, i am having a similar problems. When i try to render using C4D the glasses become reflective and not very transparent.

I do have decent amounts of internal light source.

Larry, would mind sharing the links to the graphisoft troubleshooting page please?

Thanks in advance.

KP
Anonymous
Not applicable
kpark88 wrote:
Hi guys, i am having a similar problems. When i try to render using C4D the glasses become reflective and not very transparent.

Larry, would mind sharing the links to the graphisoft troubleshooting page please?

Thanks in advance.

KP
Here you go.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/3d-modeling/texture-overwrite-fails/
Anonymous
Not applicable
lazza32 wrote:
kpark88 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

KP
Here you go.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/3d-modeling/texture-overwrite-fails/

Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks to all, we got this working this evening and frankly you cannot see the power of this program until you get this working...