BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

FYI (bug?): 3d Info Missing in Sections Due to Complex Profile v23

svpribyl
Booster
I created a complex profile (hot tub profile) to be used with the wall tool and rotated it around a radius that is equal to the distance of the origin (red x) from the center of the radius so that the bottom of the hot tub is closed. In v22, no problem. In v23, the complex profile element and all other 3d elements do not show up in sections that pass through the element.
Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27
3 REPLIES 3
Hello Steve,

Did you try to put the origin point out of your profil ?
I remember to do something like this by this way with AC21 without difficulty :
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Barry Kelly
Move the profile so that the edge you want to use as the radius is on the origin and the centre of the spa is to the left.
Then in plan draw a circle that is the radius you want.
Then magic want and all should be good.

The origin of your profile is what will be the reference line of the wall when you place it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
svpribyl
Booster
Hi Barry,
I did what you suggested and moved the profile to be to the right of the origin (red x). I drew a circle in plan and "magic wanded" it. The profile was drawn outside the circle. If I specify the reference line to be -4' away (the size of the profile), it shows up correctly in plan but nothing shows up in 3d. If I mirror the profile to the other side of the origin, it does some weird inverted creation. What am I missing?
Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27
Learn and get certified!