BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Falling in Bimx file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have a bit unusual problem. Just got a bimx file and I'm trying to navigate around it but the project has been set up to an RL hight so it's above level 0 and when I turn the file on, I fall of the project's level to level 0 and all I can see is mesh above me. How can I set it up so I could have my camera at the project's height?

Cheers and thanks for any suggestions!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are falling because there is no mesh beneath you.

If you hit the "F" key to turn on Fly mode (a small plane icon should appear in the top right of your screen), you can then fly around and change height and fly thru things. Use this mode to navigate your way to a part of the model where you are above a slab or mesh surface. Hit "F" again to turn off.

When you are not in Fly mode (no plane icon) you are constrained to a certain height above whatever you are positioned over, and you will not be able to go thru walls or other obstructions. Use this mode to move around the building or site, being careful not to fall off the edge of the earth.

If you hit the ESC key a menu will pop up where you can find other key shortcuts and settings.

Hope this makes sense.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, s2art, it worked:)
Learn and get certified!