Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Favorite Font for Construction Documents

EH21
Booster
What fonts do people like to use for construction drawings? Also, do you prefer all caps? It made a lot of sense in the hand drafting days in order to provide clarity, but computer fonts have better built-in clarity.
ArchiCAD: AC26, Version 4024 USA Full (Apple Silicon)
Computer: 2022 Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64 GB memory
4 REPLIES 4
Eric Milberger
Advocate
helvetica is readable and a default for so many things
Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
Barry Kelly
Arial seems to be the default for just about everything and seems to be installed on all machines - PCs and Macs.
It has no real 'style' but that is the price you pay for something that just always works I guess.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
furtonb
Advisor
Depends: for crossplatform "production" environments Arial is the winner for me, too - it just works and has a neutral aesthetics. For construction documentation I prefer to combine it with Arial Narrow, which is still easily readable but has a much higher information density due to its compact width.
For presentations, publications: whatever you prefer / brandbook says.

Good looking custom fonts are generally hard to manage and mean an unnecessary headache in my opinion. Think about templates, font conversion tables, missing fonts, or first of all, font licensing.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
ksjhawk
Enthusiast

Arial and Upper-Lowercase here

MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5