BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fill cut surfaces with: uniform surface

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just want the cut surfaces to show as black. They remain white when I try to change the surface in the section settings window?

10 REPLIES 10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Are you model view options hiding cut fills?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Are you model view options hiding cut fills?

Cheers,
Link.
I don't think so?

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
What does it look like on a layout?

Do you have Trace Reference enabled? You may have the 'Make Fills and Zones transparent (Display Only)' turned on.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm probably getting the wrong end of the stick, but have you tried setting the "Fill Cut Surfaces with" to "Cut Fills - as in Settings", and checking the "Uniform Pen for Cut Elements" checkbox. From there you can set the cut fill and background pen to whatever pen to get the black fill you need.
Eduardo Rolon
…and another possible option is a Renovation Override.…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
eastcoast413:

This does not makes sense to me, but I could get the color cut fill only if under Model Display > Uncut Elements > Fill Uncut Surfaces with: any option except "Nothing". If set to Uniform Pen Color, the pen can be set to Transparent (Ø) so the uncut parts remain unshaded.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Model View Options is the best place to set this up in a reusable manner. You can set MVO "Override Cut Fills" to "Solid foreground". Create such an MVO just for these sections.

Of course, check all the caveats listed by others below to make sure you are not interfering with the visibility of the fills.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having a similar problem. I set the fill cut surface to uniform surface and then black paint but yhen all the cut surfaces are shown with their own surfaces in stead of black... I understand there are workarounds to use but I´m very annoyed by the fact that this function simply is not working and I don´t know how to fix it.
Barry Kelly
Leave it set to "Cut Fills - as in Settings".
Then adjust the fill colours.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!